Source of information
One print source was used for information for Rocky Hollow Cemetery as it appears on these web pages. Information was compiled by Lester D. Fisher in 1975 and updated in 1983. This document was published by the Willamson County Historical Commission as:
Williamson County Historical Commission.(WCHC). (1979-1986). Williamson County Cemeteries.Vol. IIIA.
Using this source, McNeil High School students entered and checked the data into software for this project.
The data represent the source document as closely as possible. While measures have been taken to insure accuracy, mistakes may exist. Please report errors to Rebecca Osborne.
Permissions to use
Permission to use the above referenced material was given to me by vote of the Williamson County Historical Commission on 5/6/99. Contact Rebecca Osborne for further information or to obtain permission to use materials that are copyright protected.
Directions to cemetery
Co. Rd. 247 off F M. 2338
Additional Information provided by source
"Sedwick Family Cemetery was relocated in the Rocky Hollow Cemetery from the banks of the North San Gabriel River, by the Army Corp of Engineers, prior to the construction of the North Fork Dam and the subsequent filling of Lake Georgetown. The graves moved were five Sedwick infants and One Unknown man. "
"Other burials reported to be in the Rocky Hollow Cemetery area are:
Mrs. Chapman and two children were buried in the 1850s. Their graves remain unmarked but are known to be near that of the Confederate Soldier, William B. Tucker, 1810-1865, whose grave is the earliest marked in the Rocky Hollow Cemetery.
There were many families who buried their dead on their home places in this area as well as all over Texas. Graves known to exist near here are:
One ATKINSON Baby Girl buried across from Evangeline and Aubrey Daniell's house.
Two LOVE Babies in the field now belonging to Charles Jenkins (on the old Charley Conaway Place.)
Ethel BARNES, b. 1887 - d. 1888, Little Girl, north-east of the old Barnes home - now known as the Dawson Place.
Three FOREHAND babies buried on a hill just south of Jewel Wheeler's place near the old lane. Graves were on the Forehand Place which is now called the Jewel Wheeler Place. The location of the graves in on land now owned by Mr. and Mrs. Leo Cauffman.
Twin babies are buried near the location of the old Chapman house (chimney
still standing) which is located just north - east of the home of Fannie and
Roscoe Teague, They are Chapman Babies.1983"